*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960513-A-Battle-Royale
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#960513 added June 10, 2019 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
A Battle Royale
Wow! Yesterday's poll got pretty heated. There was a real battle in the Free Poll for second place, but if that's all you were watching you didn't see a tenth of it. I had bunches of GPs flooding in, in small gifts and in giant ones, voting for everyone. I had people emailing to ask if they could change their votes. And I had several people vocally pining for unity behind a single anti-Andrea vote: "Anyone but Andrea! I like her but we've seen her before!"

Well, before we get to the winner, I'll direct your attention to today's BoM chapters: "Bondage Girl [public] + "Bondage Girl [interactive], where you'll see that one of the non-Andrea choices in the poll is the actual choice for the current storyline. That's not in reaction to the emails, by the way; I was actually commissioned to write something for Amanda by the same reader who commissioned the "Student Body" chapters. So, by sheerest coincidence, you were going to get something with Amanda anyway.

There was also enough of those "Please write about someone new" that I'm making it the topic of this week's (revived) QotW in the forum.

But enough throat-clearing. Who won the poll?

Andrea was the winner in the Free Poll, with a clear lead from the very start, though the others exchanged rankings several times throughout the day. Final Free Vote tally: Andrea 14, Jelena 6, Amanda 5, Catherine 5.

As I said, there were quite a lot of GPs voted, ranging from several 500 GP votes for Andrea to a 20K vote for Catherine, with lots of others in between. In the GP vote, the final tally was: Catherine 20000, Jelena 14100, Andrea 4500, Amanda 500.

The final vote is a sum of two figures: the GPs voted for each candidate and the Free Votes for them, with the Free Votes given a value of one-half the average GP vote. In this event, each Free Vote was worth 2443.75 GPs. So here are final standings:

Andrea: 39712
Catherine: 32218
Jelena: 28762
Amanda: 12718

My thanks to everyone for playing!

© Copyright 2019 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960513-A-Battle-Royale