*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960670-Benefits-of-Solo-Travelling
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#960670 added June 12, 2019 at 6:37am
Restrictions: None
Benefits of Solo Travelling
We are all surrounded by people. We work with them, we socialize with them daily. We also need a break from them and traveling solo seems to be a perfect way to know yourself better, leave your comfort zone and go into the wild, get to know other people, hike, dance, learn to cook, smile, talk to strangers, eat new food and see the sunrise on the beach. If you want to go and travel alone at least once in your life, here are the top reasons why you need to do it:

1. You will get to know yourself better

Once you are out there on the road on your own you will be faced with decisions you need to make, fears you need to overcome and discover your true self and how much you are capable of. You start listening to your heart and you are finally able to achieve some level of internal equilibrium and focus of mind. You will focus much better and enjoy the experience. You will live and feel now. A destination far away might help you find answers about your true purpose in life and what is it you are really meant to do.

2. It will get you out of your comfort zone

Going to unknown places and destinations will challenge you to learn how to rely on yourself at difficult times. Being away from the comfortable bubble of your home will challenge you in many different ways and test your patience. Only by putting yourself out there, you will be able to explore this beautiful planet and discover many new and exciting places. You might be challenged to explain where you are going to a local person or do hiking for hours in the mountains. Both of these experiences will test your ability to overcome obstacles, challenge you and help you grow as an individual.

3. Make new friends & speak to strangers

When we travel with companions, we tend to stick to that group of people and even though we try our best to get to know new people, the dynamics and interactions will certainly not be as deep and fulfilling. Traveling solo definitely enables you to speak directly to some locals and stop being shy with people. In this way, you can make new friend and gain valuable insider knowledge about wherever you are.

4. It is cheaper

When you travel on your own it is much easier to keep up with your budget because you are the one who decides where and what to eat. That also means that it is much easier to save up money for other things such as trying an adventurous sport or travelling to a distant island.

5. Experience new things

When you travel solo, people are more open and direct with you. Thus, you can experience more new things than you would when traveling with someone. People will invite you home and welcome you warmly in their place. They will share everything they have with you, sometimes giving you more than they possess. You will notice their smile and small gestures you often ignore when traveling with someone else by your side.

6. You get to choose your own route

When you are on your own, you get the opportunity to plan your own route and the places you want to visit. When you are travelling with other people, often you have to compromise going to some places so that everyone is happy about it. Travelling on you own means that you get to choose the extra activities you want to do and plan your trip in a way that benefits you most.

7. Freedom. Peace. Flexibility

When you travel on your own, you are definitely more flexible with time, next destination and decisions you make. You are free to change your plans whenever you want to. You are free to sleep as long as you want to. You can hitchhike, hike, dance on the beach, change your destination at last minute without stress and compromises. When you travel, you are open to change and you will welcome it with open arms. No more fitting into a groupโ€™s agenda. No more explanations or disappointing anyone. You just follow rhythm, heart and mind.

8. It will boost your confidence

Being on your own on the road will help you gain valuable skills and turn you into a more confident person. The experience of travelling alone will challenge your limits and ability to cope with obstacles on the way which will make you a stronger person and help you grow as a traveler and human being. Just being on a trip on your own is a challenge itself and all the other things that you will have to organise will help you realize that you can achieve anything you set your mind to only if you keep going.

9. Indulge in anything you want without being judged

Without a doubt, eating is one of the most enjoyable aspects of travel. Be it street food or in a restaurant. Once you start traveling solo, you also start appreciating food more and you will end up eating things that you would normally not eat at home. You become more adventurous with food.

10. You will start enjoying your own company

You can see the importance of โ€œme timeโ€ only when you traveled somewhere alone. You will start appreciating your own company much more and enjoying the time you spend on your own. Being alone on the road is also a great way to connect with your higher self spiritually and enhance the relationship with yourself.

11. It is good for your well-being

Each one of us can admit that travelling makes us happy and excited. It can reduce stress, calm your body and mind and also show you one of the most important reasons we live on this planet: to reunite with the natural world and be part of every beautiful place on the Earth.

© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960670-Benefits-of-Solo-Travelling