*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960955-Nostalgia
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2192351
A little of this and a little of that. Whatever (if anything) comes into my head.
#960955 added June 17, 2019 at 6:15pm
Restrictions: None
Nostalgia
Pardon me while I wax nostalgic for a few minutes. Last night, my wife and I went to a drive in movie. There aren't many left anymore compared to what I remember in my teenage years. Back in the 1960's they seemed to be everywhere, although going there was a rare treat. A friend and I even walked a half mile or so through the woods to sneak into the back of our local drive in theater, but it really wasn't worth it - not just because we felt like criminals, but because in those days the speakers were hung on the inside of the car window, and the window was rolled up. We couldn't hear a thing without getting too close and revealing our dastardly deed. I did go to several shows, though, when I started dating. For some reason the windshield got steamed up a lot. Hmmm.

Our experience last night was much better than sneaking in, but I would only give it about an 8 out of 10. For starters, the theater closest to us that had the double feature we wanted was closed which we didn't find out about until we arrived. Fortunately there are two theaters near us and the other was showing the same double feature about a 10 minute drive from the first. We still arrived in plenty of time and that one was open. We got a great parking spot and were the only people in line at the concession stand. That really surprised me since the other place was closed. I expected a crowd, but I guess that's the direction drive-in's are going.

Anyway, we were excited to enjoy the experience, especially since we thought it was going to be raining all week, but there was a break in the rain last night. We left the car running with the air on (windows closed against mosquitoes) and thoroughly enjoyed the first movie. After a short break, the second movie started, but after about 20 or 30 minutes, the screen seemed be washed out. It was very difficult to see, especially in the night scenes. We thought at first that someone had a bright light on but finally realized what the problem was. Note to self: When checking the weather forecast, also check for the likelihood of fog.

All in all, though, we had a great time and I'm sure we'll be going back, hopefully sans fog.

© Copyright 2019 BlueJay (UN: bluejay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BlueJay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960955-Nostalgia