*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961445-Priorities
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#961445 added June 24, 2019 at 7:43am
Restrictions: None
Priorities
Once again, some kindly soul at WDC upgraded my membership for a couple of months, so I'm able to actually update my blog. The least I can do in return for this is try to be active.

Real life has been kicking my tail of late, but at the moment I am reading Stephen Koch's The Modern Library Writer's Workshop, which is providing me with some inspiration and impetus to keep pecking away at my stories. He draws from a wide variety of writing heroes to shape his lessons on storytelling...and I'm especially appreciative of the fact that he focuses on storytelling above all. Something I need to bear in mind myself when I work. I sometimes tend to get too caught up in backstory and lore, and he argues that it's vital to get the story down first, then worry about the window dressing.

Real life calls me yet again, but hopefully I'll be able to return to the keyboard later and attend to a story or two.

© Copyright 2019 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961445-Priorities