*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961784-Sitting-in-the-Silence
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#961784 added June 30, 2019 at 1:44am
Restrictions: None
Sitting in the Silence

Most of you have come here to hear me talk, and I say to you that sitting in the silence is more potent than any words you can ever hear. If you came just to hear me talk you're going to be disappointed, for I am not a public speaker, I am not a lecturer and I really have nothing to say. But yet most of you function by listening to people talk.

Think back in retrospect. How many teachers have you heard during your life? Literally hundreds.
How many books have you read, and where are you?
Here! If the talks and the books did you any good you wouldn't be here at all.
You are here because you're still seeking and you’re still searching, you're trying to find something external to yourself and you cannot do that.
What you're looking for, you already are. There is nowhere to go and there’s nothing to do. Everything already is. There is no one that can change it for you.

When you sit in the silence you have to deal with your own thoughts. Most people do not like to do this, so they want to hear me talk. When they're finished here they go home and watch the TV to hear someone else talk. Then they talk to their families, they go to a movie and there's nothing but talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. It gets you nowhere.

Many of you do not like to sit in the silence for your mind attacks you. It brings up all sorts of things about the past and worries about the future. So you want to be entertained. You want to hear good words, profound knowledge.
There is no profound knowledge. There are no good words. Everything you've been told is a lie. The only truth that exists is your self, but who is the self?
The self is you, just the way you are.

The mistake most people make is they
want to change themselves.
How can you change yourself?
You think you've got problems, or you think you've got a bad mind, or you think something is wrong and you want to change that. Those things don't exist. There is nothing to change. That's what I mean when I say, "Be yourself, just the way you are." Yourself, just the way you are, spontaneous, lives in the now, has no time to worry or think.

When you are yourself you are God, you are
consciousness, you are absolute reality. You are always yourself. You never were anyone else. You never were anything else. Your nature is divine. You are not what you appear to be. The only thing you have to remove is the appearance, or the belief in the appearance, for the appearance is false.

Most of you still believe you are the body-mind phenomenon. No matter how many times I tell you you are not the body-mind, you still keep identifying with the body and mind. That's false. That doesn't exist.
But what is this body all about?
If you look at your body with an electronic microscope you will see trillions, and trillions and trillions of atoms. What is an atom? Science tells us that an atom has a proton, which is the center, and electrons swirling all around the proton. Your body appears to be made of trillions, and trillions and trillions of atoms, which means it is
always in a state of flux. You are not as solid as you believe. Nothing in the world is solid.

Now the amazing thing about all this is you are the microcosm in the macrocosm which means you are a small universe in a larger universe. If you look at the universe it’s composed of galaxies and solar systems. In each galaxy there are trillions and trillions of solar systems. What is a solar system? It is a sun with planets revolving around it.
Isn't that just like the atom? That's why in the scriptures it tells you, "We live in the body of God," for the whole universe appears to be some pulsating being. It pulsates. It breathes. Can you imagine that? The universe actually breathes just like you breathe.
You are a replica of the universe. If you found yourself the size of an atom in your body, you would be in a universe.
You would look up and you would see suns, stars, planets, but they are all taking place in your body. It's mind
boggling.

So you are not what you appear to be. Therefore when I say you are not the body it is not only spiritual, it's scientific. There are spaces between the atoms just as there are spaces between the atoms that you see up in the sky, the planets. The space between the molecules, and the atoms and the electrons is what we call space. That's what we see with our eyes, space, but is it really space?
Sages tell us it's actually consciousness.

What is consciousness? Something that is conscious. What this means is there is a life force which is the substratum of all existence. What is that life force? What is the cause of creation?
What is at the bottom of all of this?
The answer, my dear friends, is you. You are the cause of all creation, and you
don't exist as you. Therefore creation as it appears to be also does not exist. In other words, creation only exists because you exist.

When you go to sleep at night what happens to creation?
It no longer exists for you. I know you can say, "Well I know it's there anyway." No you don't. Who knows? You're in a state of deep sleep. As far as you're concerned, you're dead. That's how it is when it comes time to leave your body. You become consciousness itself.
The difference between sleeping and being realized is that when you're asleep you're realized, but you're not conscious of it. When you are realized, you are conscious of the whole game.

So you see, when you really see what you're made of, atoms, trillions and trillions of atoms, you are not who you think you are. You've been fooled.
Awaken!

© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961784-Sitting-in-the-Silence