*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961985-Slippy-the-Green-Snake
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#961985 added July 3, 2019 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
Slippy the Green Snake
"Watch where you land," a hissy voice spoke from where Little Bat landed. The branch didn't seem very steady to Little Bat so she took off into the air. Then she wondered who said that.

"Who are you?" Little Bat asked looking around. Then what appeared to be a giant green end appeared, sticking out his tongue. Little Bat realized it is a head and is connected to where she landed.

"I am Slippy. Now, if you excuse me, I need to find some water to drink," Slippy replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry to land on you. May I help you find some water to drink?" Little Bat said.

"You can follow along. It's rare that I have company with me. Usually I'm by myself," Slippy said.

"That's great," Little Bat said. She is used to having company all the time. However she searches for red fruit on her own now.

Slippy taught her some secrets he had while they headed down onto the ground. Little Bat hovered and pulled ahead a little in search of water for him to drink. Then they came across a puddle of water among the leaves.

"This will do nicely," Slippy said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Now I'm off to find some red fruit to eat. It's the sweetest of all," Little Bat said.

"Good luck," Slippy said.

Little Bat flew off and found the beach. There she started searching for fruit trees. Soon she found some fruit trees with red fruit on it. She dived for one and ate it. Still hungry she went for another one. When she filled up on the red fruit then she flew back toward the cave. She noticed some movement in a tree and stopped to check it out. Slippy had finished drinking and moved back into the trees. Saying goodbye to Slippy she continued to return back to the cave.

"Mommy, mommy guess who I met today?" Little Bat asked.

"Yes, my dear," Alicia replied.

"I met Slippy, a huge green snake. I ended up landing on him instead of a tree branch," Little Bat said.

"Slippy is very friendly. Watch out though if he's hungry. Bats like us are prone to being eaten by snakes like him," Alicia said.

"I must've gotten lucky then. He didn't eat me. He was thirsty for water," Little Bat said.

"How nice. Just be careful when you see him and don't get too close. Did you find the perfect fruit?" Alicia said.

"Yes I did. It was delicious. Thank you mommy," Little Bat said.

"Now, time for a story," Alicia said.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- Happy May 5th! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy May 5th! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961985-Slippy-the-Green-Snake