*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962007-Tree-Hugger
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#962007 added July 3, 2019 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
Tree Hugger
"Want to explore an old, old tree?" Alicia asked her daughter as they were heading out the cave.

"Sure. Which tree is it?" Little Bat replied, eager to go on an adventure.

"This tree is closer to the rocks on the outer edge of the forest. Come with me," Alicia said.

They flew out of the cave into the sky. Little Bat followed her mother over to the rocks. There was a huge tree with lots of branches sticking out. The trunk is pretty large for a normal tree. Then her mother explained that this tree has been around for generations. The branches could hold a secret. Excited, Little Bat wanted to find out the secret. Her mother encouraged her to explore the tree.

When Little Bat made it to the tree she noticed a dark hole inside the trunk. She flew closer to the dark hole. Suddenly a squirrel popped out of that hole. Backing up she said hello to the squirrel. At first it seemed like the squirrel heard her but couldn't find her. Then they made eye contact.

"Hello there. What are you doing so far away from the cave?" the squirrel asked.

"I'm exploring! I'm Little Bat by the way," Little Bat said.

"I'm Rocky. My temper is as solid as a rock. Enjoy your exploration. There's nothing in this hole of interest," Rocky said.

"Could you tell me a story about the tree? Mommy said there is a secret waiting to be discovered," Little Bat said.

"Alright, come with me," Rocky said.

As they went higher up the trunk Rocky began telling a story about why the tree is special. Soon they made it to where the trunk split in two directions. There in the middle was a brown gem that appeared to be a glow in the dark. Then Rocky started talking about the gem and what the gem does for its life in the tree. If the gem ended up taken out disaster could happen. Rocky didn't want to find out what kind of disaster it could be.

"Thank you for the story. I won't mess with the gem. So this gem is the tree's secret. I'll be off to tell mommy," Little Rock said.

"Enjoy. I wish you good luck," Rocky said.

Back with Alicia Little Bat talked about the gem in the tree. Her mother said yes and then told a story about what she heard the gem does, bringing life to the forest. They flew until they reached the entrance of the cave. Since Little Bat felt hungry then she flew off toward the beach where she knew of a group of trees with red fruit on them. Alicia went on inside the cave. Soon Little Bat came back and snuggled herself to sleep.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- Happy May 5th! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy May 5th! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962007-Tree-Hugger