*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962364-Silver-Feather
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#962364 added July 9, 2019 at 6:15pm
Restrictions: None
Silver Feather
Little Bat woke up from her sleep. Her mother is still fast asleep. Down on the ground she noticed something silver. Usually the ground quivered with bugs. This time the bottom of the cave remained quiet. Silently she flew down to the bottom of the cave.

The silver object turned out to be a silver feather. The soft, thin hairs of the feather tickled Little Bat as she touched it. Then she picked up the feather with her mouth and flew back up to to ceiling of the cave. Her mother woke up.

"Oh, you found a silver feather. That might belong to a silver bird. Silver birds are rare on this island. This one might've become lost in this cave," Alicia said. Little Bat dropped the feather. The feather floated deeper into the cave.

"Mommy, can we go find this bird? I haven't seen a silver bird before," Little Bat said.

"Certainly. Just follow the silver feathers," Alicia said.

Little Bat took off and followed the silver feather until it landed. Just ahead is another silver feather. She flew to the next feather. Using her echo location she kept finding more silver feathers and continued to follow them until she came across some chirping. There, on the ledge, is a tiny silver bird. She yelled out as she came across the path of the silver bird.

"Good evening, I'm Little Bat. Who are you?" Little Bat introduced herself.

"Sulkie. I'm lost here," Sulkie said, looking around but not seeing anyone.

"I can help you find your way out of this cave. Just follow the silver feathers," Little Bat said.

"It's dark in here and I can't see well. How will I know where there is a silver feather?"

"Look on the ground. Your feathers are shiny. Any light will light them up."

Sulkie looked on the ground until he saw a moving shining object. Then he flew off the perch down to the ground. Little Bat moved over to the next silver feather and continued to help Sulkie out this way. After an hour has passed by she came to the last feather, the one she previously discovered. Then she used her voice to help lead Sulkie to the entrance of the cave.

"Goodness, it's already getting dark. I better get going. Thank you for your help Little Bat," Sulkie said once he could see from what was left of the light.

"My pleasure," Little Bat said.

"Goodbye. I'll leave a good word to my parents about you."

Little Bat watched as Sulkie flew off. Then she went back inside the cave to where her mother waited. After explaining her journey of following the feathers to Sulkie then her mother reminded her it is time to eat. Then she flew out of the cave in search of some red fruit to eat. Her little adventure inside the cave was a big success.
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- Happy May 5th! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy May 5th! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962364-Silver-Feather