*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962333-Lance-the-Little-Girl
Rated: E · Book · Children's · #2193082
These stories will tell the tale of Little Bat and her adventures outside the cave.
#962333 added July 8, 2019 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
Lance the Little Girl
Little Bat flew out of the cave for the evening looking for some red fruit to eat. While high in the air she heard some singing and flew down to see who was singing. There on a trail hidden from sight from the trees was a little girl carrying a basket. The basket was covered by a handkerchief. Then she decided to fly down from the tree branch to meet the little girl.

"Hello there. I'm Little Bat," Little Bat said as loud as she could.

"Who's there?" the little girl asked. Then she started looking around in different directions.

"I'm over here. I have wings and can fly. I'm a small bat," Little Bat said. Then the girl looked straight over at Little Bat.

"I'm Lance. I have never met a bat before. What are you doing outside the cave?" Lance said.

"I'm searching for some red fruit to eat. I've never seen a human being out in this part of the island. Are you searching for red fruit as well?"

"Yes, I am. It's for my entire family. I heard there is some red fruit over in this direction. As soon as I find some then I'll take my boat and head back to the village. Want to help me search for red fruit then?"

"Certainly. We both are searching for one thing: food."

"Follow me then."

Little Bat followed Lance through the path in the forest. Strange sounds seems to come from the trees. They continued on until they came across a particular group of trees. The trees looked like fruit trees. Then Little Bat flew higher and looked around. These trees carried the red fruit she had been searching for. Then she returned to Lance's level.

"Here they are. How are you going to get some though?" Little Bat asked.

"I'll search on the ground first. Sometimes there's really good red fruit on the ground. The fruit sometimes fall down from the tree," Lance replied.

Lance looked all around on the ground at the base of the tree. From one, she had found a dozen good red fruit to bring back home. Then she found even more from another. Little Bat felt excited to see her at work, how she is able to find red fruit to eat. Then the basket became filled to the top.

"Good luck with your red fruit. I better get going now. It's nice to meet you Little Bat," Lance said.

"Nice to meet you too. I never thought of finding red fruit on the ground. Now, my turn to eat. Good luck going back to your village," Little Bat said.

Lance left leaving Little Bat alone. Little Bat flew to the top of the trees and munched on some red fruit until she filled up. Then she decided to head back to the cave. Others were doing the same thing. Little Bat found her mother as she flew back to the cave.

"Guess who I met today?" Little Bat asked.

"Who?" Alicia replied.

"Lance. She's a small human being. She was really nice today," Little Bat said.

"How nice. Did you find some plump, juicy red fruit?" Alicia said.

"Yes I did," Little Bat said.

"Now, once we're back in the cave, I'll tell you a bedtime story."

"Hooray!"
© Copyright 2019 Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- Happy Mothers Day! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962333-Lance-the-Little-Girl