*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962421-Poked-and-Prodded
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#962421 added July 10, 2019 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
Poked and Prodded
Have you ever felt like you're a pin cushion? I know when I was in the hospital I was poked a lot, but here lately I've had a quite a few blood draws for various doctors and reasons.

I had a nuclear CT where they put some type of potion in me that burned at the injection site and made me feel like I needed to go to the bathroom.

Two days later I had a nuclear Stress Test, and they kept adding shots into the catheter while I was walking on the treadmill.

I'm scheduled to have a Pulmonary Function Test next Tuesday. I'm hoping that the end of test and blood work is near.

I planned to take care of a leaking faucet outside. We had pipe laid from the main to the backyard to water our grass instead of using what comes through the house that is regulated. When I had this done I had them put in two faucets (after my wife requested one of them to be moved). He used a 3/4 inch galvanized pipe to come up from the T. This pipe had a leak, and I figured I could fix it with little or no trouble. WRONG! The job took me three hours and I had to wrap the threads with plumbers tape several times before I was able to get the leak stopped.

After completing that project I got cleaned up because my wife and I had an appointment at the DMV in Victorville. My wife was renewing hers and we both wanted to get new licenses that are required by 2020. You must provide your birth certificate, social security card and two bills addressed to you. The place was busy but we managed to move through the process with little or no trouble. It was nice to get it completed and have it behind us.

Life is Good


© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962421-Poked-and-Prodded