*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963213-Blog-Prompts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#963213 added July 26, 2019 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
Blog Prompts
Istiqlál (Independence), 13 Kalimát (Words) 176 B.E. - Friday, July 26, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: July 26th - I need your help to fill the Challenge War Chest with new prompts. Write four blogging prompts and choose one of your own to write your entry on.

Blogging Prompta

*BulletBr* It's said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Describe something that you think is beautiful or attractive that someone else might consider unattractive or ugly.
*BulletBr* What historical event or events, besides your own birth, occurred on your birthday in the year you were born?
*BulletBr* Describe an epiphany "a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand, or suddenly become conscious of, something that is very important to you"1 that had a profound affect on your life and/or personal opinions.
*BulletBr* Life is a Journey. Who has had the most influence on your life's journey up to this point?

Describe an epiphany "a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand, or suddenly become conscious of, something that is very important to you"2 that had a profound affect on your life and/or personal opinions.

I've had several epiphanies that influenced my life and my opinions. One of the earliest--that I can remember--happened in grade school. It was a weekend in summer, my siblings and I were at the Lake (I don't know the exact name because we always called it "The Lake".), and staying at my Grandparent's mobile home. The neighbors, who had the mobile home next door, had invited a Japanese friend to stay with them for the weekend. The gentleman was nice and polite, someone who would make a good neighbor and an enhancement to the community.

Grandpa Frank shocked me when he used a derogatory term and a hate filled voice to refer to the gentleman. He said, "Why did they have to invite that _____!" I had never heard Grandpa use that tone of voice or a derogatory term to refer to any human being. The results of this incident cause me to look a little more closely at the things I was being taught both at home and in school. It taught me not to accept other people's opinions about any human being, but to determine an individual personality and value for myself.

Footnotes
1  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/epiphany
2  https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/epiphany


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963213-Blog-Prompts