*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963269-Talking-About-TED
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#963269 added July 27, 2019 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
Talking About TED
If you were to give a TED talk, what would it be about?


Fairy playing a flute

{{size:3.5}b}Quote: “To be a hero you have to learn to be a deviant —
because you're always going against the conformity of the group.

― Philip G. Zimbardo
tags: 2008, heroic-imagination, psychology-of-evil, ted-talks
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/ted-talks

TED


Eighteen minutes is a long time to stand up and talk about one subject. I might have enough pet knowledge and stories to make it through 18 minutes without losing the audience to boredom.

I did not take the time to look up a TED and listen to it. I never heard of TED before today. I think the key here is when making a talk that long to keep the attention of the audience. You would have to throw lots of information at people, that they are not already familiar with in order to be successful in any speech.

Have you ever come across a video on the internet about some special health break through or gimmick? In the end the people are usually selling something. The sales pitch promising special information can be so tedious most people don't make it to the end.

For instance I got side tracked while looking up TED. I ended up going to a site that had a story about an under water city, that had been discovered by tourists, off the coast of Greece. A city not created by human hands. It was created by some type of bacteria that gathers underwater and makes what looks like building blocks.

It was a short story. One page long. It gave up the information pretty quick. Only took about 3 minutes to read the whole thing. I've listened to health or gardening speakers on PBS that might be considered TED. Usually I can sit through a half hour talk that is meaningful.

So, an eighteen minute talk about anything better be interesting. Even if I'm the one making it.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne BYE!















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963269-Talking-About-TED