*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963665-To-market-and-back-again
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#963665 added August 3, 2019 at 3:42pm
Restrictions: None
To market and back again
To market and back again
3.agosto.2019


It's a day of cleaning and planning my next trip but it's also Saturday and market time.

The tents provide shade to the workers hawking pastries like Irina or coffee like Kat. The cookie lady is adorned with a floral hat.

It's cool in the mornings but it quickly gets hot.

Last evening we had a storm: wind and rain and lightning. Even after it had moved out the lightning streaked an orange sunset.

August can be hot, thirsty, and tinder waiting for a spark. It will not reach 90º today. Some years it heats up to 100º. Feels like it won't get there this year.

My winter squash is growing; buds are forming. If no one decides to weed them before autumn it's possible that they will survive.

The yellow flowers are blooming in poor disturbed soil, probably yarrow. The daylilies are still blooming but the landscape has gone to seed. The bluebirds leave in August. Have they left yet?

The south channel of the river is glass and the rapids are quieting. The tubers will be out later and maybe the paddle boats as well.

But enough breathing in and out. There is cleaning to be done and my indoor plants are very very thirsty.
933


© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963665-To-market-and-back-again