*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963906-Technology-is-Cool
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#963906 added August 8, 2019 at 12:07pm
Restrictions: None
Technology is Cool!
Prompt: "Technology is cool but you've got to use it as opposed to letting it use you." Prince Do you agree with Prince?

---

I certainly do since we should never let anything or anyone use us, but is it possible with technology? When everything is computerized and all the companies you do work with ask you to do business with them on the web instead of the snail mail, when the third or fourth older generation have no inkling of the techie-talk the youngsters employ in conversations, and when even the government agencies prefer the web, how is it possible to use the technology instead of being used by it?

Not that I am against it. On the contrary. At least, I am somewhat of a passable user, but there are a few oldies living around me who haven’t yet mastered cut-and-paste or are terrorized by the sudden pop-up ads on their computers, if they own a computer. Then, most or some of them cannot even use an android cellphone or even a flip-phone. They are now bound to loneliness or dependency on others. One of my neighbors complain that when their daughter and grand-kids come to visit, they spend more time with their phones than with her. I think, that is sad!

Then, among the negatives are the fraud committed through technology and the websites that do not respect the individual and push on their users their political and social ideas and beliefs, or concepts dealing with everyday things.

Despite all that, I love the new technology. I wish it was there when I was growing up and wanting to learn more and more. Not all is lost though because now, it helps me tremendously. Computerized checkouts for example, and having the option to order online instead of going from store to store looking for what I need, and if I am searching for a word or an information, the option to use a search engine. The new technology is entertaining, too. YouTube anyone?

Needless to say, we are all on Writing.com right now, and that, in itself, is more than the frosting on the cake. It is the whole cake itself. *Smile*

© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963906-Technology-is-Cool