*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963861-Best-or-Worst
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#963861 added August 7, 2019 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
Best or Worst
Prompt: "This is the precept by which I have lived. Prepare for the worst, expect the best and take what comes." Hannah Arendt How do you feel about this quote?

===


Good quote! Possibly it would work for most people. As for me, I can’t expect the worst because I can’t foresee the worst or the best. So, I settle for the middling something.

As to taking what comes, yes. That works very well for me. At times, it takes more guts than I have, but I take most anything on the chin and try not to blink.

The worst may be heartrending, but the best could prove to be even worst than the worst because once you feel you’ve hit the best, where else to go and what else to do becomes a problem and turns life into something dull and unbearable. In that case, the best may prove out to be worst.

In either case, worst or the best, for me, there is always scope for improvement.



© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/963861-Best-or-Worst