*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964465-August--20-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#964465 added August 20, 2019 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
August 20, 2019
{entry An image for a blog that I hope will take root.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

An image for a blog that I hope will take root. Prompt: Should churches celebrate the sacraments?

I am a soldier in the Salvation Army. While we respect the sacraments we do not celebrate them. We feel the necessary ingredient for salvation is faith and we avoid anything that may detract from that faith.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: The Ice Cream Truck."

The ice cream truck never came by my house as a child. In fact, few people ever came by my house. We were the last house for miles on a dirt road so nobody came that far. When the rare car did come that far, we thought we had company. A straggler here and there passed through, but most turned and went back. A few brave souls in four wheel drives or on horseback would follow the road through but that was extremely rare. The ice cream truck never came. In fact, I did not know trucks delivered ice cream until I read about it in a book. Eventually I moved to an urban area myself and my so was treated to the ice cream truck if he had earned it.
"
Blog City image small Prompt: As you go through your day, how much do you think of the existence of the sun? Do you love it or do you hate it? Do you think at one time or another it can be a threat to earth’s existence? And what about the time when humans worshipped it?"

By faith I know that the sun is not the source of life. In scientific terms though it is the source of life. Without the sun, all life on earth would cease to exist. It is the source of enegy for most life, just as God ordained it to be. I don't worship the sun. In fact, I try to stay out of it but I need the sun the same as anybody else does.


Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964465-August--20-2019