*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964471-The-Sun-and-The-Ice-Cream-Truck
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#964471 added August 20, 2019 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Sun and The Ice Cream Truck
Fiḍál (Grace}, 1 Asmá’ (Names) 176 B.E. - Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Feast of Asma

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2069: As you go through your day, how much do you think of the existence of the sun? Do you love it or do you hate it? Do you think at one time or another it can be a threat to earth’s existence? And what about the time when humans worshipped it?

The Sun

I don't give much thought to the4 sun, except in summer when the temperature in Las Vegas reaches the triple digits. I should give more thought to Sol, the name of our central star, because without it there would be no life on Earth. I don't think we have to worry about the sun going nova, turning into a white dwarf star, or even one of the Wolf-Reyetstars1 any time in the near future.


Humanity's focus at this point in our spiritual and material evolution concerns the Earth itself. We need to find a way to alleviate global warming and climate change, which is, at least, partly cause by our own greed and superstitions. I believe we will find a way to alleviate the problem, but only if humanity is willing to work together as a species.

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2466: The Ice Cream Truck.

The Ice Cream Truck

When I was growing up the ice cream truck went through our neighborhood every day during the spring and summer. When I moved to Las Vegas, I discovered that the ice cream trucks didn't take a seasonal break. The go through my neighborhood every day or every other day, depending on the drivers work schedule. When I stay at my grandparents' house, Grandpa or Grandma would give my siblings and I a dime or a quarter (ice cream was less expensive) to purchase either an ice cream bar or a Popsicle.



Footnotes
1  https://www.space.com/8627-puffy-star-cosmic-jellyfish.html


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/964471-The-Sun-and-The-Ice-Cream-Truck