*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965301-Miracle
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#965301 added August 31, 2019 at 12:55pm
Restrictions: None
Miracle

This incident is the account of an eye- witness who happens to be the writer of this sketch.

There is always, in all Her manners, a heavenly glow of supramental intelligence and joy in their fullness. She carries in Her person a perpetual source of Divine Anandam ( Bhuma ). When She rests after day-long work, She lapses into the blissful state named in our Sastras 'Suptijagara', i.e. a state in which the body is physically relaxed in light sleep but the mind wide awake in the region of the Over-Mind. When She retires covering up Her body with a bed-sheet, She says :"I am just going to do my office-work now like you. I move about in other spheres of life holding conversation with higher beings". During sleep Her mind remains thus wide awake and responds to appeals of distress from common men. One instance may be briefly cited here.
April 16, 1952. An old Brahmin widower, a retired Head Cashier of a large mercantile firm ( Sri Anadi Nath Mukherjee) in Kolkata, who was suffering badly from high blood pressure and was bed-ridden for a few years after a prostate gland operation, had a very strong desire to see Mother. But he was forbidden to leave his bed by his attending physician and by his sons and daughter-in-law. There was a nurse and a servant in constant attendance. When his sons had gone away to their office during midday, and the ladies of the household were all asleep, the old man, aged about 82, with the help of his servant and the nurse, secretly had a taxi hired, slipped out of his house and arrived at 44, Hazra Road at 3 P.M. in the grilling heat of the summer. On getting down from the taxi he barely could take four or five steps supported by his attendants, when he fainted. He was carried out to the lawn in front of the premises. When after much nursing he recovered his consciousness, he implored all people present to take him to Mother. Unfortunately She was sound asleep on a bed without any pillow, resting reposefully like a child ; the owner of the house peeped into the room but had not the courage to disturb Her reposeful tranquility. Meanwhile the old man was getting more and more impatient and almost despaired of seeing Mother, before his life passed off. He implored everyone present to take him to Mother. He felt his life was fast ebbing away ; his desire to see Mother become so intense that he was about to crawl towards the closed door, but his legs were too feeble to support his tottering body.
Suddenly Mother threw the door open and rushed out towards him and said : " Baba, you are so full of love for this little daughter of yours that you have almost forgotten all the acute pangs of disease and braved a great risk by coming to your daughter in a taxi in such terrible heat." She passed Her hands over his head, cheeks and chest and spoke so sweetly and affectionately that he came to forget all about his distressing pain. Tears flooded his eyes. The soothing words and the healing touch of Mother worked like magic upon him and he returned home full of joy and gratitude. Mother whispered a divine name into his ear to contemplate on and the old man found a new joy and peace in life even in the midst of acute suffering. Upto this day he looks one full of a quiet, satisfying happiness.


© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965301-Miracle