*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965767-Autumn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#965767 added September 7, 2019 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Autumn
It was 96 the other day. Overnight the temperature dropped to 48. That was a drop by half. We opened all the windows in the house and let God handle the A/C that night. No need to pay the electric utility when we can get the cool down for free! Today we have gray skies and rain and temperatures in the 50's. Such is life in Montana in September. We may have to use the heat this weekend.

I can feel Autumn creeping in. She is a stealthy season. She teases you with blue skies and warm breezes. Pretty leaves blowing around. Then she slams you with rain and cold air. Sort of like a mean friend. Kind one second and cruel the next. You never know what to think. Does she like me or hate me? Do I wear a coat or not? Do I take the umbrella or take a chance?

But then once you think you have it figured out, in comes old man Winter with the final test. So maybe Autumn is here to get us ready for the real thing. Get ready folks, he is just around the corner. In case you had forgotten about last year.





© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965767-Autumn