*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965995-September-11-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#965995 added September 11, 2019 at 6:45am
Restrictions: None
September 11, 2019
"September 11, 2019 Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

}image:1997652-33%} Prompt: "The September 11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001. It's been 18 years.

Do you remember what you were doing when the news broke?"

Yes I do remember as I am sure most Americans do as would most Americans have remembered exactly where they were when the Japanese Navy attacked Pearl Harbor. Traumatic events like that leave an indelible mark in your mind. I however had been arguing with my family about the television. They wanted to watch some show they had saw a dozen times before. I wanted to scan the channels. We happened to be on a news channel when the second plane flew into the tower and that pretty much decided it. We knew America was under attack and decided, against the protests of my family, that we were going to watch the news. I didn't win any popularity contests that day, but after a bit they all realized it was very serious. Lives were being lost before our very eyes and the situation was quite grave. It was much more important that Spongebob Squarepants or what ever show they wanted to watch.
The war on terror began that day, and to my knowledge we have been fighting it ever since. I have nothing against Islam or any other religion. I know these religions are wrong and I do not participate in them. They are wrong because the deny the deity of Jesus Christ, whom history and science have proven to my satisfaction to be the resurrected Son of God.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965995-September-11-2019