*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966068-Is-it-the-brain-alone-that-is-responsible-for-our-writing
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#966068 added September 12, 2019 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
Is it the brain alone that is responsible for our writing?
Prompt: "Your brain is always taking dictation. I'm just copying what's in my mind's eye." Maritza Moran Do you write like this? What are your thoughts?

-------

I don’t know exactly how I write because I write whatever comes and I don’t like to revise a lot, either, because I don’t want to change that first impact too much.

On the other hand, I agree that the brain is a compiler and not only it takes dictation, but with what it has stored, it dictates us. Just our jumbled dreams show what is in the soup up inside our heads.

Then, I was surprised to read that those who investigate how-our-brains-work believe that the brain first notices race and gender before all else. Heck, I am not so sure of that. My brain even forgets the faces unless the person is important to me in some way. But then, we are bombarded with too much information from all around us, and if it weren’t for the brain’s taking dictation incessantly, with the too little time we have, how would we go about our lives?

Coming back to writing, I am glad for the brain’s work, in any capacity. But being only an organ like any other, maybe the brain gets extra help from elsewhere, say the collective mind?


© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966068-Is-it-the-brain-alone-that-is-responsible-for-our-writing