*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966320-Toys-and-Lessons
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#966320 added September 17, 2019 at 12:00pm
Restrictions: None
Toys and Lessons
Fiḍál (Grace), 10 ‘Izzat (Might) 176 B.E. - Tuesday, September 17, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT: September 17th - Did you have a comfort blanket/toy when you were little? What comforts you now?

I remember only two dolls from my childhood. Both dolls were birthday presents, which I received in different years. I think one was the size of a three year old, she was a white doll and a gift from my mother. The other was a black baby doll, and a gift from my Grandmother. I received the baby doll from my grandmother because I ask her for it. To this day I give thanks to the Lord that I ask for the baby doll, and that my Grandmother purchased it for me.

Having that baby doll gave me my first, and most important, lesson about prejudice. I took the doll with me when I went to play doll with some friends. One of the girls said, "Whose baby is that?" I replied, "Mine!" One of the other girls said, "Oh, you adopted." I resented the remark at the time, and I still do. As far as I was concerned, the doll was my baby and the color of the doll was different from the color of my skin.

As for having a comfort blanket or toy, I don't remember having one. I could have had one, and never learned anything when I had it. The toys I remember most were those associated with important lessons. The lesson I learned from the three-year-old doll was that my sister and I could play dolls without arguing (she got a doll the same size).


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966320-Toys-and-Lessons