*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966728-Dj-vu
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#966728 added September 24, 2019 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
Déjà vu
Déjà vu: Do you believe it, and could you explain it if it were to happen to you? Have you heard or experienced any instances of it?

-----

“Déjà vu” means “already seen” in French. People experiencing this feel an irresistible sense of familiarity with something, someone, or some situation that they have never encountered earlier.

I am not sure if this is due to wishful thinking or bad memory or maybe it has some medical explanation. Some believe the person must have lived this in a past life or it is due to precognition, but I am not very sure about any of these explanations. To the best of my faulty memory, something like déjà vu happened to me twice.

In my dinosaur time, in ninth grade, I used to really like a lit teacher. One of my aunts who herself was a Home-Ec teacher in a different school at a distant town took me to visit a friend of hers in another far-away town where I hadn’t been before. This woman we visited was also a Home-Ec teacher, and the minute we set foot inside her house, I felt I had been there before and I knew her from somewhere. What I didn’t know was/is how. During the conversation when she asked me which school I attended, we all found out that she was my lit teacher’s sister, but she didn’t resemble my teacher, at all. I must have sensed something for sure, and to this day, I can’t wrap my mind around it.

The second one has to do with my daughter-in-law. The very first time I met her when my son brought her over, I felt I knew her and warmed up to her immediately. And I told her this and later to her mother, too. My son had other girlfriends earlier. I had felt nothing like that when I had met them. To this day, she feels as if she is my daughter. Once, my other son even accused me with stealing somebody else’s child. Lol!

I don’t remember having any other déjà vu experiences like these two I mentioned above, but both of them can be explained in some logical way, I guess. I don't know for sure, though.

There might be some way other than a past-life experience. Or just maybe? I wonder.


© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966728-Dj-vu