*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966818-September-26-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#966818 added September 26, 2019 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
September 26, 2019
"September 26, 2019 Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Flash Fiction: Write a short story about a clock."

Tom hates clocks. Every morning his alarm clock wakes him up faithfully but waking up is not his favorite thing to do. "Alarm one of these days I am going to throw you out the window."
"Why? What have I done to anger you? If you throw me out I will be neglected! I will be gathered up for garbage and hauled away by the trashman! Tom, please don't throw me out!"
"Okay. I won't throw you out if you promise not to ring early in the morning waking me up."
"I promise never to wake you in the morning."
The next morning Tom is sleeping soundly. It is 6:00AM and Tom has to go to work. The alarm fails to ring and Tom continues sleeping. At 10:00AM Tom wakes up. "Why did you let me sleep so late Clock? Now I am in trouble with my boss! Out you go!"
Clock finds himself laying in the yard next to the garbage can. The trash collector is approaching. "Look what IK found! I have been wanting an alarm clock. This one has no issues that I can see. Okay Clock. Come home and live with me."

Blog City image small Prompt: "Have you ever visited a farm?"

I've never had a particular desire to visit a farm just for the sake of seeing one. I grew up on a 298 acre farm in West Virginia, so I am very familiar with them. We had all sorts of animals on our farm. We had pigs, cattle, horses, chickens, ducks, turkeys, rabbits, dogs, cats, guineas, and all sorts of wild life. We planted five fields of crops every year, and produced much of our own food. My mom would can most of what we grew, with the exception of meats,which we froze. We also picked wild raspberries, mountain berries (which are a wild red raspberry), wild blackberries, and fruits. We had a couple of orchards near our farm. They were abandoned orchards on an adjoining piece of property, and we would pick fruit there during harvest. Yes. I am intimately familiar with farms. If I had my way I would live on one, but am not able to do so.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards


© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966818-September-26-2019