*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967372-October-7-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#967372 added October 7, 2019 at 6:01am
Restrictions: None
October 7, 2019
"October 7, 2019 Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: You wake up at midnight and can't go back to sleep. What do you do?"

This happens to me a lot. I go to bed very early, usually around 8:00PM -8:30PM because I get up very early. It is not at all unusual to wake up around midnight unable to go back to sleep. When that happens I do not just lie there tossing and turning. I do not want to teach myself that the bed is for punishment. Usually I will get up and do something. I'll read one of my text books or write some poetry or something. I will find something to do until I wear myself out enough to go back to bed. I woke up last night at one and could not get back to sleep. I have a history midterm to morrow so I grabbed my history book and read some of it. In a little bit the words were jumbling on the page and making no sense. I put the book down, turned out the light, and was asleep shortly thereafter. The last thing I ever want to do is allow my brain to associate the bed with anything unpleasant. Beds are made for two things: sex and sleep. They are not to become torture chambers. If I allow it to become a torture chamber sleeping will be harder for me.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Which kinds of scenes from a book or a movie make you sad and which ones make you smile?"

I suppose I am not all that different from anybody else. Sad scenes make me sad and happy scenes make me smile. I have seen plenty of times when I would cry because of a funeral in a book or movie.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967372-October-7-2019