*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969999--The-Little-White-Church-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(411)
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2145363
I will be adding stories & reflections as time marches on. Take a gander today!
#969999 added July 4, 2022 at 10:32am
Restrictions: None
~ The Little White Church ~

Teedy loved the little white church. Her grandpa took care of the building. Her grandma was the church secretary and played the piano on Sunday morning.

Teedy loved sitting in the pew by her grandpa and her folks while her grandma played and every one sang the hymns she was already beginning to learn by heart.

She shared this part of the church service with the grown ups but her favorite part was "Children's Church". After the singing, the preacher would have all the kids come down to the front of the church. He would sit on the steps of the alter and have the kids gather around. He would talk to them a bit and then tell them a story from the Bible. Then he would say a prayer with them and send them off to their own special service.

Teedy would walk with her friends past her grandma at the piano, wave bye to her family and go through the door to Miss Simons room.

Miss Simons really loved Jesus. She talked about Him all the time. She said He was God's Son and died on the cross for all of us. She said God loved us very much.

Miss Simons always smiled and she looked so happy to be in Jesus. Teedy wanted to be like her when she grew up. Teedy wanted to love Jesus like Miss Simons did.



Written for: "Share Your Faith
Prompt: first memories
Word Count: 238


~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~




© Copyright 2022 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969999--The-Little-White-Church-