*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970112-That-Awful-Chapter-Three
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#970112 added November 20, 2019 at 8:36pm
Restrictions: None
That Awful Chapter Three
I'm always nervous when I return from a hiatus, even a short one. Not that I think anyone will have burned the place down in my absence. I just worry a little about what might have accumulated while I was gone.

Then I worry that nothing will have accumulated.

Anyhow ...

I promise I have not been playing Minecraft. I can't promise that I haven't been playing Civilization IV, though. Well, I could, sort of. I've been playing a mod of the game, not the actual game itself. It's one that gives the player lots of small challenges and puzzles, and I've been having fun trying one game challenge after another.

It was more fun that dealing with the book.

Okay, so about that Untitled Young Adult Novel.

Oh, that Chapter 3 turned out to be a bitch! I still don't know if it's in anything like its final form. I spent a lot of time banging my forehead against it, which is one reason I kept going back to play Civilization instead. I tried revising the original version, but couldn't come up with an angle. Then I realized it was because the chapter just wasn't going to work in that setting with those characters (Charlie and Derek on the bus to the game), so I threw it out. But it took me awhile to come up with something new, and then to find a new angle into the new thing, and then I wasn't real happy with the results. I've fussed around with it some, and I think it will work for now. But I won't know for sure until I'm deeper into the book and can see if some of the stuff planted there is going to ripen.

But, the new "Invalid Entry is now up, and so is a tweaked version of "Invalid Entry Tomorrow I will post Chapter 5, which was written a few weeks ago and has been waiting ever since.

© Copyright 2019 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970112-That-Awful-Chapter-Three