*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971327-Walking-Around
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#971327 added December 12, 2019 at 12:01am
Restrictions: None
Walking Around
If you've read my blog before, you know I like to walk. I walk every day. I used to walk with my dog, but since she is no more, I walk alone. It is lonely now, and walks no longer have that urgency, since it is no longer about the 'poo' urgency. Sorry, couldn't resist that.

As I walk the routes I used to walk with the dog, I see the same old houses. Now I see them in holiday mode. The other day I saw one truly decked out. Literally all the yard space was taken up by any and all inflatable Christmas decorations. I counted fifteen. Fifteen, folks. This display is in front of a small house that one floor and perhaps three bedrooms, a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen. A small house and a small yard. Hard to believe they think they need all this display, and don't forget the reindeer and Santas lurking around the edges, Does all this blow the circuits in the house? Do they have to unplug the appliances first?

"Oh wait, don't use the microwave until I unplug Santa."

Well, I'll let that little scenario play out, If my lights go out one night, I'll know who is to fault.

Then I walk a few more feet to a tinier house. In the fenced in tiny yard are the larges, dirtiest dogs in the world. They are so friendly, and so big, they could jump the fence and follow me home, but choose to stay in their tiny yard,. Because they want to love you, you know they are loved. but I am glad they don't come home with me. My bathtub is too small!

So I walk, every day. And as I walk I gather information. You never know what you may see on a walk. It may come back later in a story.



© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971327-Walking-Around