*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971452-Give-me-a-Break
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#971452 added December 14, 2019 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Give me a Break!
The Horowitz Report concurs with Sally Yates and other Department of justice officials who have stated that they cannot be held accountable (in their FISA management duties), if subordinates withhold or misrepresent information contained in the FISA applications. They are using Horowitz to build a firewall between themselves and the production of the warrants, absolving themselves and saying that it isn't their fault if they get an application approved based upon BS.

There are some problems with this assertion. Horowitz can throw the FBI under the bus as the sole source of abuse, but it doesn't follow that the Prosecutors and Judges were clueless as to what was going on and had no responsibility beyond accepting at face value some administrative form. Yates should have called in the preparing agents and gone block by block over the application until convinced it was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Only then should she have gone forward to the Judge with the request. Then the judge should have done the same until absolutely convinced due diligence was shown and the representations were valid. It was widely known that those preparing the supporting documents were playing fast and loose. Yates and her team were doing the same thing for their handlers in the White House. Then there was the political game of waiting for the right Judge to sit the bench. The IG report goes to great lengths to whitewash the Department of Justice at the expense of the FBI. While the FBI were anything but angels neither were the DOJ and the FISA Justices.

© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971452-Give-me-a-Break