*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972141-Contemplating-New-Years-Day-Activities
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#972141 added December 28, 2019 at 1:34pm
Restrictions: None
Contemplating New Year's Day Activities
Jalál (Glory), 17 Masáʼil (Questions) 176 B.E. - Saturday, December 28, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2598: My grandmother used to say that what you were doing on New Year's Day you would be doing the rest of the year. Is this an enlightened saying or a superstition?

I suspect my Grandmother's saying was either a superstition or a self-fulfilling prophecy. There were certain chores she absolutely refused to do on New Year's Day, such as cleaning the toilet, washing and ironing, or cleaing the house. There were other chores that she did religiously every day of the year, including New Year's Day. Those chores were cooking, washing the dishes, and making the beds.

Since January 1--the beginning of the Gregorian year--isn't (for me) a Holy Day, I plan to do some surveys, which I wouldn't do on a Holy Day. I also plan to write, and maybe pay a bill online. Most of the day will be spent relaxing, eating, reading, and saying some prayers.

GROUP
Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise  (E)
Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.
#1972895 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2091: I wish someone had said this to me--- “Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success.” ― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women Did anyone ever say this to you? What's the best advice someone gave you along this line?

Take time to play and pray,
even on New Year's Day.

I've always scheduled time for work and prayer, scheduling time to play wasn't something I was taught to do or even considered doing. After reading the quote, I think it's a good idea, especially for writer, because it gives the mind and the muse a chance to relax and notice the beauty and joy in the world around them. Perhaps I should add that to my New Year's commitment list.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972141-Contemplating-New-Years-Day-Activities