*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972354-Bringing-About-Radical
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#972354 added January 1, 2020 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
Bringing About Radical
How are you going to learn about something that is very deeply rooted, hidden, not open? Our whole consciousness is both superficial and hidden, and we have to learn the content of all that consciousness because the content makes up consciousness. The two are not separate; the content is consciousness. Therefore to understand the content there must be an observation without the observer. You know it’s one of the most fascinating things in life to find out how to look anew at life.

To observe the hidden, one has to have eyes that are not conditioned by the past, as a Hindu, Christian, and all the rest of it. One must look at oneself as though for the first time, and look at it for the first time each time, and therefore never accumulate. If you can so observe yourself in action, in the office, with the family, with the children, when you are sexual, when you are greedy, ambitious and can observe without condemning, without justifying, just observe, then you will see that in that observation there is no conflict whatsoever. A mind that comes with a tortured, distorted mind can never possibly find out what truth is. Most of our minds are distorted, tortured, made small by control, by discipline, by fear.

And there is another factor. I have not read their books or anything of that kind, but psychologists, professionals have talked to the speaker about their special subjects. They say that we must dream, otherwise we will go mad, that when we sleep, there must be dreams. Every night when we sleep some kind of dream activity goes on, and they say that it is essential for human sanity that we dream. Now we are going to question it; we are going to find out whether it is absolutely necessary to dream at all. So we have to discard the professionals and find out for ourselves. So we have to ask what dreams are. Aren’t dreams the continuation of the activity of daily life, only in symbolic form? Please don’t agree or disagree; we are inquiring together, taking the journey together, so there is no agreement or disagreement. We are both observing. We are asking if it is necessary to dream at all. Aren’t dreams the movement of daily life, the daily observations, the daily wrangles, you know, all the misfortunes, violence, bitterness, anger, a movement of that continuing while we are asleep, only taking symbolic or ritualistic form? You find out.

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972354-Bringing-About-Radical