*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972797-Trypanophobia-and-Arachnophobia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#972797 added January 6, 2020 at 1:53pm
Restrictions: None
Trypanophobia and Arachnophobia
Kamál (Perfection), 7 Sharaf (Honor) 176 B.E. - Monday, January 6, 2020

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT January 6th

Write about something that makes you squeamish. What is icky, gross, or just plain “yuck!” Is there anything that makes other people shiver with disgust that doesn’t bother you?

Spiders sent chills up my spine,
and needles are no friend of mine.

I have overcome my arachnophobia to a point. I can kill a spider if it invades my spaces or appears on the verge of invading my space. I no longer suffer from trypanophobia, because I know that I'm tougher than the needles. I can thank a polio shot for helping me overcome trypanophobia. When I was in grade school, the lined us up in military style to give the shots. Since both my friend and bullies were watching, I decided I wasn't going to embarrass myself by running from the room screaming, and force the nurses to drag me kicking and screaming. Therefore, I tensed my muscles, closed my eyes, and waiting for the pain of the needle. However, when the nurse tried to give me the shot, I bent the needle. She give me a chance to relax, and gave me the shot. The shot wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I overcome arachnophobia when Mom and I were living in the house on Bracken Avenue. I black widow got into the house, I saw her crawling across the floor, and--since I had Mom and cats to care for--I killed her. I put her body in a small plastic bag, which I placed in a larger bag. I took those out to the garage, put them at the bottom of the trash container, and place more trash on top. I wasn't taking any chance of her coming back to life, and coming after me. The only way I can explain my actions is that I was suffering from a phobia. Anyway neither the spider I killed or her offspring came after me.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972797-Trypanophobia-and-Arachnophobia