*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973314-Jack-of-All-Trades
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#973314 added January 13, 2020 at 3:55pm
Restrictions: None
Jack of All Trades?
I love how when January shows up we all re-evaluate our lives, make resolutions, get goals, and tell ourselves, "new year, new you." Then it all goes to shit come February if you even make it that far. That's what has happened to me the last 4 years. Right down the tubes come February. *Smile*


So, it's another January, and I'm trying again. Wish me luck.

In 2016, I increased my volunteer hours with the scouts. In order to "right the ship" in my son's cub scout pack, I stepped up to become Cubmaster. The amount of time needed to "do it right" basically took up the time I would have used to write. I did/do enjoy my time scouting. I gave up Cubmaster in June 2018 after 18 months, but transitioned to ASM in my son's boy scout troop, and I've basically as busy as I was when I was a cubmaster. Things have changed a bit. My oldest, Andrew made Eagle and will age out in March. I'm going to do a lot less due to parental dynamics.

In 2016 I still taught Religious ed. I haven't the past 2 years because it was too much. Right now I'm just a "volunteer" at his 8th grade facilitated meetings.

Every January I say i'm doing weight watchers but fall off the wagon in February because of demanding schedule as the boys' chauffeur. And again, I started the Weight Watchers. Wish me luck. It's only been a week, but I'm tracking and watching portion size.

Things must be getting better because last year was my first WDC "Dear Me" letter since 2015. It lasted until FEB but I tried. So I'm going to try to again. Time will tell.

One of my new goals is to read "Writer's Digest" every month. This month I read an article about branding yourself.

I listed these items as values:
humor
honesty
do the right thing
Proverbs 4:23 "Guard your heart"
Support Alzheimers
Support Charities close to my heart

Passions:
Writing
hiking/being outside
watching movies/tv with a historical slant or sci-fi slant
like going to amusement parks
Baseball
Football --Pro/College
Archery
Bowling
Reading (being better about updating Goodreads and Product Reviews on WDC)

So I've got the basics. I need to flesh out a plan and get out there more. One of my priorities will be to update my official website with a focus on "branding."

Let's not to forget to update my social media, Facebook, twitter, etc...

I feel like a jack of all trades? Have any of you made goals/resolutions and been successful?



© Copyright 2020 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973314-Jack-of-All-Trades