*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973708-Tale-of-Woe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#973708 added January 19, 2020 at 12:44pm
Restrictions: None
Tale of Woe
I found another story written during my writing group session. It's not my best story, but sort of amusing,

"Woe is me," said the spider to the flea.

"Why say thee?" said the flea to he.

"This rhyme is oh so tedious and oh so monotonous."

"Yes, but it will be oh so wondrous and bring so much happiness."

"Knock it off! You are caught in my web."

"You are in my spell, I am not in yours."

The flea wiggled and jumped as fleas are wont to do. The spider tightened the silk around its tiny meal.

"Okay, tiny bit. I am saving you for a late night snack."

"Why wait for midnight? You know you are hungry now! Why put off til tomorrow what you can have today!"

Eight legs traveled over the web and and the spider came eyes to eyes with the flea.

"You bug me!"

"Ah yes! But isn't it fun! I just love to watch your acrobatics as you spin your web and then run to and fro across it. How do you do that, by the way? It looks exhausting. We fleas just jump. No bothersome wandering on all those appendages. Just jump!"

The spider wound the silk tight around the flea.

"No more jumping for you, flea! Like I said you bug me!"

The flea now hung motionless on the web, waiting for midnight.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973708-Tale-of-Woe