*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974116-Open-Winter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#974116 added January 24, 2020 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Open Winter
It's another day in our part of Montana without snow. This has been the longest stretch without snow I have known since I've lived in Montana, That is about ten years now.

I went walking with a friend today on her ranch. She raises sheep and cattle. Life is easier for her without snow. They have an easier time feeding the livestock this year. They can fix machinery since she doesn't have to spend time shoveling snow. But she was worried about no snow, nice as not having was.

Here in the west, snow is moisture, and that is good. Good for farms and ranches, and forests and rivers. Snow means fewer forest fires in the summer. Snow means more water in reservoirs. Snow is good for tourism.

So you people whining about your storms and all the inconvenience of snow-covered roads and air delays, well we in central Montana could use some of that snow. If you know a way to get some of that snow out here, go ahead and ship it our way. We could sure use it during this 'open winter'.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974116-Open-Winter