*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974476-Stopping-thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#974476 added January 29, 2020 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
Stopping thoughts
"Since the Unborn Buddha Mind is marvelously illuminating, it hasn't so much as a hairsbreadth of any selfish bias, so it adapts itself freely, and, as it encounters different sorts of circumstances, thoughts sporadically pop up. Ifs all right so long as you simply don't get involved with them; but if you do get involved with thoughts and go on developing them, you won't be able to stop, and then you'll obscure the marvelously illuminating [function] of the Buddha Mind and create delusions.

On the other hand, since from the start, the Buddha Mind is marvelously illuminating, readily illumining and distinguishing all things, when you hate and loathe those deluded thoughts that come up and try to stop them, you get caught up in stopping them and create a duality between the one who is doing the stopping and that which is being stopped.

If you try to stop thought with thought, there will never be an end to it. It's just like trying to wash away blood with blood. Even if you succeed m getting out the original blood, you'll be left with the stain of the blood that came after.


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974476-Stopping-thoughts