*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974982-The-Revisions-Continue
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#974982 added February 6, 2020 at 12:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Revisions Continue
I am still composing and posting one chapter at a time as I rework the branch that I deleted. Today's chapter heavily recycles some of that material:

Interactive: "Dramas, Public and Private
Public: "Dramas, Private and Public

But it's stretching out, and the branch will be two chapters longer by the time I reach the point where the last branch ended.

Part of that is just trying to break up some of the text-heavy parts. Today's chapter, for instance, originally ended farther in the process, but that left the entire chapter as an exercise in spell-solving. So I moved part of the spell stuff to tomorrow's chapter, and inserted a small character scene, to give it a little relief.

The other reason is that the pacing feels better being slowed down a little. It was one of the thing that bothered me almost as much as the continuity stuff when I reread this branch: It just moved too fast.

Anyway, tomorrow will bring a couple of hundred words to wrap up the spell-casting, with the balance of the chapter given over to character stuff. Then a chapter that will be almost entirely character stuff in order to set up the concluding choices. Then we'll get into the commission, and something genuinely new.

© Copyright 2020 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974982-The-Revisions-Continue