*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975045-My-Dump
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#975045 added February 7, 2020 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
My Dump
I live in a small town in Montana. There is a garbage dump on the outskirts of town. It is a fun place to go. I know, that sounds strange. But what makes it fun is the decorations that pop up occasionally and one of the persons who work there.

First thing you see as you drive in is a female mannequin. Full size - dressed for whatever season it is. Then lining the drive are bowling balls. Depending on the season, you may also find some Christmas trees fully decorated and scattered about.

One of the men that are employed at the dump is handicapped. He is an older gentleman and has some difficulties getting around and talking. But he is always smiling and always says hello and is eager to help you. Every Christmas this man will give everyone who drives up a Christmas card. What a nice thing for him to do.

So in this world of depersonalization it is nice to have a place where people still help other people and take some time to make you smile.


© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975045-My-Dump