*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975640-Group-Writing-Location
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#975640 added February 16, 2020 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Group Writing Location
SO, I am in this writing group. I am sure I mentioned this before. The leader of the group mentioned she is writing a book. Bravo! I think to myself and say to her. Then she starts a rant that lasts for the entire rest of the time for the group about how hard it is to write this book and how much time it takes and how disheartening it is to come to this group when only one or two people show up and how she always shows up and do we still want to have this group and don't interrupt, Stan, and do we still want to meet here? and maybe another day? and what about Mondays? and good, that is a good idea but wait I say, this is a bank common room, shouldn't we see if the bank is open the next day we meet? someone runs out to check, and, oops, no that is a bank holiday, so that brings into the discussion that every day that is a bank holiday on a Monday that we are to meet the bank is closed so we have to go to an alternate location that someone has to arrange through a relative that has the secret key to that location, and how are we remember all this? and on and on...........

It really went on like this for the better part of an hour. I tried hard not to roll my eyes, scream and rent my clothes and pour ashes on my head. But we don't so that anymore in society. We sit quietly and internalize our anger. Is that right? I think not. But murder is not legal. Suicide is frowned upon. I don't smoke or drink. So I write about it. Here. Where none of my companions can read about my frustrations.

I feel better. And that incident is filed away in the database in my brain titled 'Group Writing Location'. It'll crop up sometime in a story, maybe. You never know.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975640-Group-Writing-Location