*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975136-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#975136 added February 9, 2020 at 4:57am
Restrictions: None
Mind
When you sit in meditation, you should not push up the hua-tou, for this will cause its dimness. You should not hold it in your chest, for it causes pain in the chest. Neither should you press it down, for it will expand the belly and will cause your fall into the realm of the five aggregates (skandhas) resulting in all kinds of defect.

With serenity and self-possession, only the word ‘who’ should be looked into with the same care with which a hen sits on her egg and a cat pounces on a mouse. When the hua-tou is efficiently held, the life-root will automatically be cut off.

This method is obviously not an easy one for beginners, but you must exert yourselves unceasingly. ...

Although we know quite well that Mind is Buddha, we are still unable to accept this as a fact. For this reason, a sentence of the hua-tou has been used as the fire-starting-steel. ...

Our fundamental self-nature and the Buddha do not differ from each other. It is only because of our perverted thinking that we are still not liberated. So the Buddha is still Buddha and we are still ourselves. Now as we know the method, if we could inquire into it, it would indeed be an unsurpassed, co-operating cause!


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975136-Mind