*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975429-February-13-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#975429 added February 13, 2020 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
February 13, 2020
"February 13, 2020 Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "What are your thoughts about Mr. Wilde's quote?"

I agree that we all need to learn how to be comfortable by ourselves and not allow ourselves to be defined by others. It is very healthy to learn to be okay being alone. I don't think we should be loners because that would be the other extreme. Everything should be done in moderation. I know I was not comfortable when I lived alone because I was bored stiff. I longed for companionship and I believe that is healthy as well. After all we are herd animals. Humans are not meant to be alone. It is healthy though to be able to be alone.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Have you ever worked in sales? Share a story about this if you did."

I worked selling vacuums once. I was not very good at it though. I did manage to earn a little money at it but not a lot. There was one sale that sticks out in my mind. It was special because the woman gave me 3 pounds of freshly picked and freshly ground Brazilian coffee. She had just returned from Brazil and brought several pounds with her. My boss gave me a bonus that week because we had the best coffee he said he had ever drank that week.
I also remember that sale because there was an eclipse that day and the sun went dark at noon! The woman bought my sweeper because she saw the eclipse as an omen to do so.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975429-February-13-2020