*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975725-Nobody-Compares-To-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#975725 added February 17, 2020 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Nobody Compares To You
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 5

"Nobody Compares To You" by Gryffin feat. Katie Pearlman




See the previous post ("This Is Last Call) for context, as this is the other song from the To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You trailer that I've been listening to since the Valentine's Day screening I arranged for my wife. There was a little more information to be found on Gryffin than there was on the previous band (NineOneOne), so this entry is going to be a little more about the artist and the things that I found interesting.

Gryffin originally gained recognition doing popular remixes of well-known songs. He's a classically trained pianist and learned to play the guitar at a young age, then studied electrical engineering at USC. Combining his two skills/interests, he became a DJ, musician, and record producer whose style is often described as "melodic house music" which is most often accomplished by incorporating piano and guitar sounds into his remixes to create a sound that's a blend of electronic and analog.

I'll definitely be checking out more music by Gryffin, because I enjoy house/dance music but not the type that's really harsh and dissonant. Now that I know "melodic house music" is a thing, I'm definitely going to want to check out more tracks by this artist and in this subgenre.

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975725-Nobody-Compares-To-You