*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976212-Devotee
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#976212 added February 24, 2020 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Devotee

Lalita Kumar, a householder devotee in Kankhal, told two stories, one involving her and one another devotee :

There is one thing I don't know if I should tell you or not. But one in Banaras I had this feeling. I said to myself, " You know we call her Mother, and yet we can't run and put our arms around her, put our heads in her lap, do all the things we want to. We are always doing pranam (bowing in respect) at a distance." So I was sitting outside Mother's room in Varanasi Ashram and one of the girls was inside. She came out and Ma was sitting on her cot and she looked out like this through the doorway and she motioned me in like this. So I went in and then she motioned to me to close the door. So I closed it and, you know, she put her arms around like this, and I put my head in her lap and she put her arms around me and she hugged me tight. Then she smiled at me and said, " Aab thik hai? Everything is alright?" It was such ecstasy, I can't tell you.

There was a Swiss girl. She had seen a flash of Mother's photograph on television and came rushing to India to look for her. And I happened to be in Kanpur when she came for the first time, in her tight jeans and sweater, looking very hip. And she said to the translator, "I have seen this picture of Mother and I want to be accepted by Mother." And you know, somebody started translating and mother told them to stop. She looked deep into her eyes and she took off the garland she was wearing and threw it so casually to land around her neck. And the girl had tears streaming down her face when she said, " Am I accepted?" And Mother did this (patting her head). And after a few months she wanted a name. And Ma gave her the name Krishnapriya. And she wanted to touch Mother's feet, she told me later. And nobody is allowed to touch Mother's feet. And Ma was walking up and down the veranda and she came and she put her foot out and said, " Nurse, there is something in my foot." And then there sat Krishnapriya, holding her lotus feet in her hands. Ma said, " If you really want something, it doesn't take a moment to get it. It is in the wanting." Jai Maa!!!


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976212-Devotee