*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976376-Ash-Wednesday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(113)
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2172808
We live much of life amid unique choices. Joy is anchored in The One beyond our life.
#976376 added February 26, 2020 at 11:13am
Restrictions: None
Ash Wednesday
Today marks the last scheduled blog post for me during the Lenten Season, leading up to Easter Sunday, the Day of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Messiah, the Savior, and the Lord. In my personal blog out in cyberspace, I have for years called this Day, Secret Christmas because "The best gift of Christmas is opened on Easter Sunday Morning."

Last year I made a commitment to fast from writing blog posts every day during Lent, which helped me to listen more than to speak my own thoughts.

This year I would like to continue that purpose. I trust my posts after Lent will have a freshness to them by the Will of the Lord.

I'm not ruling out the possibility of writing something for the effect of catharsis for my inner man during these coming days. I just do not plan to post those often handwritten thoughts at least until after the season of personal sacrifice has ended.

Will I give up other things? That remains to be seen. I've already been in contemplation this morning about that, but I do not want to rush the issue. I want to hear from the Lord. Therefore, the rest will be a personal matter, not for public advertisement.

I am anticipating an early spring this year with the Time Change, occurring on March 8th, rather than on the last weekend of March as is usual.

May the Lord let His peace rest on you by drawing you into right relationship with Himself. (John 3:16)



The days of Lent are worship days
to seek to know His Voice.
He draws us close to see His Ways
to make Him our best choice.

The days of Lent begin with ash
from burning last year's fronds.
Each sacrifice need not be rash
for it's a solemn bond.

What gifts we give at Christmas time
to friends and loved ones dear!
Let's give to Christ, the Lord Sublime
our hearts as we come near.


by Jay O'Toole
on February 26th, 2020


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976376-Ash-Wednesday