*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976597-Uncharted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#976597 added February 29, 2020 at 12:38am
Restrictions: None
Uncharted
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 26

"Uncharted" by Sara Bareiles




I don't usually double-up on artists during the same Soundtrackers activity, but I feel like it's warranted in this case because I really did rediscover this song that I absolutely love during the past year. My wife and I went to a Sara Bareilles concert last November (I already talked about this briefly in "Eden earlier this month), and in addition to discovering songs like that one and some of her tracks from the Waitress broadway cast recording, I was also reminded of how much I love this song and "King of Anything." I truly think Sara Bareilles is one of the most talented singer/songwriters of her generation and this kind of song is exactly why I think so... it's melodic and catchy and the lyrics are complicated and still catchy. She has a great way of layering her songs with a lot of things to appreciate and, for a challenge where we're supposed to write about (re)new to you songs, I thought it only fitting to include one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite artists, that I truly hadn't listened to in well over a year until I heard it again a few months ago. And it's been on my current playlist (again) ever since.

P.S. - This is also a really fun "can you name all the other celebrities singing along" type of videos. *Smile*

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976597-Uncharted