*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976679-Leaping-into-March
by Emily
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2166092
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#976679 added April 26, 2020 at 2:11pm
Restrictions: None
Leaping into March
Yesterday was February 29th - Leap Day! The reason we have this monthly extension of our shortest month is to synchronize the Gregorian calendar with the solar year – without it we would lose six hours every year. *Shock2* In your entry today, write about the phenomenon of leap years and any facts you want to share. Here’s mine: People born on Leap Day are called Leaplings. *Laugh* Do you know any Leaplings? How did you spend the bonus hours of 2020? Did you make the most of them?
"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS


Happy March, all!

It really felt like February flew by! Or maybe it leaped by *Think* I can't believe it's already been a month since we were in Hawaii, chilling on the beach. Since I got home, it's been go go go at work and stressful at home too with dog illnesses and everything else. I haven't had a relaxing weekend since we got back because I've been using my weekend time to catch up on work stuff that's been nagging at me. I really don't want to work on weekends, but here's the thing: I like being productive, and it seems weekends are the only times I can be really productive and get shit done. While in the office during the week, I'm constantly interrupted by my boss or email pings or loud conversations from the conference room, it's all very distracting. I feel like I'm treading water during the week trying to keep myself from falling even more behind and then actually doing the hard work on the weekend when I'm able to focus. So, you can probably get the hint - yesterday, during the extra hours of leap day, I spent it working.

I took my headphones and plunked myself in a corner desk in the library facing a wall and tuned the whole world out for 5 hours. And I did get a lot done! I'm almost done with this grant I'm writing, but it's all feeling a little fruitless because I'm not even sure we'll qualify for it. I was somehow looped into writing it on behalf of 5 or 6 of our partners, but the deadline is March 11th, and so much needs to happen before then, that I'm not sure we'll get it done. So I fear the work I put in will all be in vain. All that extra stress I put on myself to follow through and keep in everyone's good graces even though I think we don't have a chance to get the funding. It's more about not failing than actually succeeding. Anyway, I still have the deliverables and budget spreadsheet to do today, so I'll put at least a few more hours into it and then be able to pass it off on Monday. Get it off my plate.

In summary, my leap day was spent facing a blank wall for 5 hours getting ahead on work tasks that I think won't amount to anything. At least the day doesn't count, right? *Laugh*

~ ~ ~


Now, let's talk successes and goals.

In February, I managed to write a few things:

STATIC
Float  (E)
What sound does the ocean make when you really listen?
#2212397 by Emily

STATIC
You'll be Fine  (ASR)
What if I needed him more than he needed me?
#2212495 by Emily


It took me a long time to be able to write that second one, but I think I did a lot of healing while in Hawaii that was helpful to let that pain go.

In March, I will:

Read:
For "CLOSED!The Monthly Reading Challenge, "Invalid Item and "Angel Product Reviews
*Boxcheck* "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking"  
*Boxcheck* "The Glass Castle: A Memoir"  
*Boxcheck* "The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World"  

Enter Contests:
*Boxcheck* "Lucky Limerick Contest for "The Contest Challenge
*Boxcheck* "Verdant Poetry Contest - On Hiatus

Continue Regular Commitments:
*Boxcheck* Normal review crediting for "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group and "Anniversary Reviews
*Boxcheck* Prompting and judging for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS

Take care!
-Emily

Signature


© Copyright 2020 Emily (UN: hawaiifoeva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Emily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976679-Leaping-into-March