*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976789-Caveman
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#976789 added March 2, 2020 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
Caveman
I woke with a headache this morning. My remedy for this ailment was coffee, breakfast, and Motrin. I don't take pain pills very often but it was a haunting sinus headache that started at the base of my skull and wrapped around to the top of my eyebrows. Weather changes,(it was storming here) tend to do this to me. It makes it hard to function like a normal human being when they hit. There were also the normal age related body aches of rising that came to call as well. All of this grumpy morning misery and cloudy skies made me think about things bizarre and unusual. As I popped the pain pills into my mouth, I started to ponder the lives of caveman from the history books. There was no Ibuprofen or coffee! If they wanted breakfast, they had to do battle with a dinosaur. Instead of munching on peanut-butter toast like I was at the moment, they would have been dining on dino-tongue and reptile gizzards. When the savage caveman had aches and pains he somehow seemed justified. He actually woke after sleeping on a honest to God rock. Wonder what that does for the discs of your spine? There were no pain pills to pop or caffeine to rejuvenate. Most mornings they probably woke up and ran for their lives because some over-sized monster was chasing them. Then there is the whole toaster thing that catered to my whim of lightly toasted crispness for my bread. Indirectly, I have the caveman to thank for my stomach being sated in the moment. All of this craziness reminds me that having a headache is not as bad as i think it is. Have a great day!

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976789-Caveman