*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976880-The-Web
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#976880 added March 2, 2020 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
The Web
The Web


I needed an opening for the story, one that would pull the readers into my web. Writing an alluring tale is quite similar to the fly being drawn to the doom offered by the spider. There is enticement in each word written. Treachery is the needed element. Planting seeds of desperation is another tactic to be deployed within the plot. I must lure the reader, bit by bit, into the fabric of my story. They must be vested in the outcome. Will the woman get her man or will the fly fall prey to the spider? This is a question spawned by every novelist to ever walk the earth. The tale’s ending is the revelation.

I had a tale to tell, but I wasn’t sure of the direction. Ideas circled in and out of my mind’s nebula, constructed much like the spiders web. It serves to filter the food of thoughts for immediate use or a tantalizing desert. Shall I be heroine or evil-doer? My mind searches the possibilities, as I sit curled in front of the computer. I begin researching the makings of a web and I become the spider. It is an intricate network of design spun lovingly. I crawl upon the outer edges waiting for the victim to materialize.

Alright, peeps where does the story go from here? Let's have some fun with this one!

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976880-The-Web