*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977382-March-7---Sage-Advise
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#977382 added March 7, 2020 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
March 7 Sage Advise
PROMPT March 7th


I've always been partial to the word "sage" as in wise. Actually, I also like the color, the flavor and aroma of the herb of the same name. But I digress.

Wisdom comes from experiencing, contemplating and understanding all part of life's lessons.

I love my daughter-in-law who couldn't be more different from me. When she first came on the scene, I, in my infinite "wisdom" tried to "guide" her. *Rolling* and for some inexplicable reason we kept bumping heads. *Confused* Obviously, I had some things to learn myself, but I am a quick study and speedily figured it out.

She is the choice of my son, she makes him laugh. That is all I should care about, the rest of it would fall into place at the right time and it has. My mantra became, I am the older and the wiser so zip it. When she wants advice she'll ask for it and she has.

Twenty years and 4 grandchildren later I can happily say that my mantra stayed the course. Over the years she has sought my advice, support and help numerous times. She calls me almost every day, we are best friends. We are still very different and I still have to zip it every once in a while, but now our differences complement one another, work in harmony.

So I offer this sagery, listen, learn, acknowledge worth and zip it until asked.

words of wisdom
sound off key when
trumpeted
          ~~jvg



© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977382-March-7---Sage-Advise