*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977530-March-8--Oh-No-I-just-lost-an-hour
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#977530 added March 9, 2020 at 1:29am
Restrictions: None
March 8 Oh No! I just lost an hour.
PROMPT March 8th


I forgot, I woke with the sun as I usually do and my clock said 6:03 am. I rose, played with and fed the cat, brewed myself a cup of coffee, went to the computer and began my journal entry with my plan for the day and then went to catch up on commitments to WDC, wrote a couple of reviews, glanced down at the bottom right of my screen and it said, 8:56 am! No way had I been up almost 3 hours. Where did the morning go? I had so much to accomplish today. Ah, Spring forward! Whew!

My Mom used to tell me when you wish away your time, you are wishing away life, yours and mine. Now that I am old I think about this a lot. I have too much to get done before I die but dying is inevitable and my life expectancy gets shorter and shorter each day I get older and older.

So I try to organize my time. Balance is the key. I schedule time each day for cleaning and the other mundane chores that when completed provide the freedom to pursue the things I love with efficiency and without guilt. That is one of my reasons for a "Today I will:" list that I shared earlier in the month. I schedule my day to include a balance of chores, fun, people, writing, and exercise. I even try to schedule time for meditation.

I'm flexible, I'm not compulsive in my execution of the schedule. If it doesn't get done, there is always tomorrow (I hope!) But I do try and stick to balance, I try not to let any one goal dominate and bump all other goals from completion.

It is not my business to tell others how to spend their time, except when I am caring for my grandchildren. (Then I will limit time on the Xbox or create a schedule of 5 laps around the property for a half-hour of Xbox. Stuff like that, they just roll their eyes but they run their laps or do the chores I dictate.)

Time is a precious commodity of which we have no control but we can attempt to control what we do with it.

a moment
once passed
is gone
         ~~jvg




© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977530-March-8--Oh-No-I-just-lost-an-hour